The hosts of Notice That – An EMDR Podcast reflect on how far the show has come and share their intention for the upcoming season.
Notice That: An Origin Story
“Just so you know, I don’t say I’m going to do something and then not do it.”
- Long, long ago, Melissa and Jen were strangers working in private practices of their own.
- During Melissa’s Year of Yes, Jen and Melissa serendipitously ended up on a 10-hour drive to an EMDRIA conference.
- Connected through their love of EMDR, standing on soapboxes, and a single mutual friend, they talked the entire trip.
- Unfortunately, during the conference, Melissa became ill.
- If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and just go listen to this story (8:21)
- On the trip home, Jen and Melissa planned their new podcast, Notice That.
- Three months later, they released their first episodes.
- Now, we’re 69 episodes in and everything looks different.
Introducing an Additional Host
- First, Melissa and Bridger cultivated a friendship at Evangel University
- They spent every opportunity talking about Polyvagal theory
- So, when Melissa invited Bridger to interview with Notice That, he excitedly agreed.
- After the PVT episode, Bridger never really left.
- Then, Bridger, Jen, and Ryan trusted Melissa and Bridger became an integral part of the team.
- Now, Bridger, Melissa, Jen, and Ryan co-own Beyond Healing.
- Importantly, Bridger has played a significant role in turning Notice That into the professional product you hear today.
TidBits for the Notice That Nerds
- Notice That was the only name Jen and Melissa considered
- The first recordings occurred at Jen sister’s business, Revel Advertising
- Melissa designed the logo on her Ipad with her fancy brand new Apple Pencil
- Also, the original intro and outro is Melissa’s father
- When the podcast hit 100 views, Melissa screenshotted it and sent it to Jen with lots of emojis
- Finally, Notice That has currently been downloaded 479,598x as of Jan 2022, THANK YOU ALL!
The Year of Rootedness
- In real-time, you’re witnessing an attempt to integrate a reality that feels so surreal.
- It’s been a whirlwind of experiences that have brought Melissa, Jen, Bridger, and the whole Beyond Healing team to this current position.
- The hustle that everyone has witnessed has been all about growing out and up.
- This year, however, our intention is to deepen our roots.
- In other words, the new things we’re saying yes to will be to deepen what we’ve already begun.
Here’s to 2022
- YouTube Channel
- Excitedly, Beyond Healing Media is releasing a YouTube Channel
- The channel will host video of all new Notice That podcast episodes
- Additionally, Soma Psyche is a new project aimed at demonstrating somatic work with clients
- Soon, all our training material will be located on Canvas
- Canvas will be the platform for the Beyond Healing Community
- Importantly, our intention is that this community will provide space to chat, support, and educate each other.
- New Segment
- We’re also introducing a new segment, Fly on the Wall, to Notice That episodes
- These segments will provide a “fly on the wall” experience for listeners as the hosts discuss specific cases.
- Importantly, the emphasis will be on the experience of being the therapist in that situation.
- We want to connect!
- Do you know anyone who would be a good candidate for an interview?
- Or do you have a topic or population you’d like to talk about?
- Then, contact us today at email@example.com
- We’d love to welcome you to our home in Springfield, MO!
- Feeling burnt out? Reach out today about our upcoming immersion retreats for therapists
- Finally, are you interested in a mixer? Let us know!
Did you know? After full completion of Beyond Healing Institute’s Somatic Integration and Processing training, each participant can receive 21 NBCC hours.
Beyond Healing Center
- Visit our website for all things BHC
- Contact us about retreats and therapy
- Contact us about training and consultation
Beyond Healing Media
- First, listen to our past episodes of NT here
- Then, check out more Beyond Healing podcasts
- Give your support and gain access to exclusive content through Patreon
Interested in supporting a child?
- 100% of the proceeds donated to the Burntout Educator will provide therapy for a child in the public school system.
- Not therapy capped at a certain number, but an open-ended relationship with a highly qualified therapist in the BHC network.
Connect with us on social media
Beyond Healing Media
- Executive Directors: Jennifer and Ryan Savage, Melissa Benintendi, Bridger Falkenstein
- Hosts: Jennifer Savage, Melissa Bentinnedi, and Bridger Falkenstein
- Filmographer: Tyler Wassam
- Podcast Producer: Jamie Eggert
- Original Music Composers: Bridger Falkenstein and Caleb Boston