What is Somatic Integration and Processing?
Listen in to hear Jen and Melissa present to a small group on the basics of Somatic Integration and Processing (SIP). SIP is an interpersonal neurobiology based conceptualization tool that uses psychodynamic neurodevelopmental theory, adaptive information processing (AIP) and memory reconsolidation, and nervous system informed somatic psychology to assist clinicians in their ability to understand, interpret, and utilize diagnostic bio/psycho/social/cultural information about their clients. Tools presented within SIP I help to illustrate this diagnostic information in a structurally concentric scaffolded framework that can be used for tracking session goals and therapeutic targets, maneuvering through any processing issues through understanding their psychodynamic origins, and it can even be used to track an entire therapeutic process from start to finish.
For more information, head over to connectbeyondhealing.com and click the “For Therapists” tab.
Did you know? After full completion of Beyond Healing Institute’s Somatic Integration and Processing training, each participant can receive 21 NBCC hours.
- Our Website
- Contact us about retreats and thera
- Contact us about training and consultation
- Request to join the Beyond Healing Community here!
- Check out the EMDR Supplement and other resources here!
Think Beyond Podcasts:
- Evidence-Based Therapist – where we read so you don’t have to!
- Beyond Trauma – geared towards clients
- Burnt Out Educator – An interview-style podcast for educators and students
Support a Child with a Donation Today!
- Donate here!
- 100% of the proceeds donated to the Burntout Educator will provide high quality therapy for a child in the public school system.
Executive Directors: Jennifer and Ryan Savage, Melissa Bentinnedi, Bridger Falkenstien
Hosts: Jennifer Savage, Melissa Benintendi, and Bridger Falkenstien
Podcast Producer: Bridger Falkenstien
Original Music Composers: Bridger Falkenstein and Caleb Boston